Health & Safety
The leadership of ASHT Annual Meeting Committee has developed a fantastic in-person meeting experience as well as a virtual-only attendee option for those unable to participate in Washington, DC.
Program details for the in-person and virtual attendees are available CLICK HERE
Important in-person information is listed below.
The health and safety of all ASHT participants and staff, along with their family members, coworkers and patients continue to remain our top priority and we’d like to thank you for your support as we plan this year's meeting. We are planning a robust conference as the health, safety and well-being of the ASHT community is our highest priority. ASHT staff and volunteer leaders continue to actively monitor updates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization to ensure we are meeting in a safe environment.
ASHT will issue any updates if required regarding health, safety and travel protocols.
ASHT recommends all attendees, exhibitors, press and ASHT staff comply with travel guidelines issued by the CDC when traveling to Washington, DC. In addition, we expect all individuals will think carefully about any risk they may pose to others and to make informed choices about travel as well as onsite and external engagement.
- Attendees should closely monitor all travel alerts issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Attendees are encouraged to monitor the CDC website for additional information, review and follow the WHO’s Travel Advice.
- Attendees should check their individual airlines for specific cancellation/refund policies. ASHT will not be responsible for any airline cancellation or change fees.
- All attendees should check themselves for symptoms before starting travel.
Protective & Preventative Measures at #ASHT2022
ASHT and the Washington Hilton Hotel are committed to implementing conscious and intentional processes to promote healthy best practices within our meeting environment.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the conference and common areas.
- Larger aisles with dedicated directional travel lanes in the conference area. This will control the traffic pattern and over-crowding in certain areas.
- Conference sessions will be set up to allow convenient spacing between chairs. Rearranging of seating is prohibited.
- The Washinton Hilton CleanStay Program builds on their rigorous cleaning standards. View the CleanStay Program here.
Registration Cancellation / Refund Policy
To cancel your registration and receive a refund, a written request must be received in the ASHT office on or before September 12, 2022. Cancellation requests received by this date will receive a refund less a $50 processing fee. Should a government advisory or any other decision by the host hotel or ASHT prevent this meeting from taking place in person, your registration fee will be refunded in full. Please note that Coronavirus (COVID-19) refund requests made after September 12, 2022, will not be honored unless there is a government advisory prohibiting your attendance at the meeting. Attendees should check their individual airlines for specific cancellation/refund policies. ASHT will not be responsible for any airline cancellation or change fees. There will be no refunds issued for requests received after September 12, 2022. Please forward written requests to email@example.com.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Cancellation / Refund Policy
Please contact the ASHT Manager of Industry Relations, Amanda Bray, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Hotel Cancellation / Refund Policy
Reservations booked through the ASHT Hotel Room Block at the Washington Hilton may be canceled without penalty up to 24 hours in advance of the check-in date. Attendees must contact the hotel directly to cancel reservations. The deadline to secure a discounted room within the ASHT housing block is September 20, 2022.
Abstracts that have been selected for oral and poster presentations will still be made available to view on the ASHT virtual meeting platform should an abstract attendee be unable to attend the meeting.